Walker Corporation has partnered with Western Sydney University to deliver a new $340 million vertical city campus with more than 26,000 square metres of floor space.
The 18 storey City Campus will include 14 floors of university teaching, learning and student services and have capacity for up to 10,000 students and 1,000 staff, when it opens in the second half of 2022.
The Bankstown City Campus will offer highly-accessible, technology-rich teaching and research facilities, and will provide students with the opportunity to engage in work-integrated learning and collaborative research partnerships.
Some of the key Campus features will include:
- Health, advanced manufacturing and education focused research programs
- Courses in teacher education, psychology, arts and humanities, business, accounting, IT and non-clinical health areas
- Teaching, research, conference and social spaces
- Informal learning areas and indoor and outdoor terraces
- Easy access to the future Bankstown Metro station
The Campus will bring students into the town centre, connecting them with local business and industry and embed the Western Sydney University in the economic, social and civic life of Bankstown.
When the Campus is complete and fully activated, it will deliver about $140 million a year in additional economic uplift to the Canterbury-Bankstown economy and the wider region.
The Campus is part of the University’s ‘Western Growth’ strategy – an ambitious program that is reshaping the University’s campus network and co-creating cities and transformative educational infrastructure across Western Sydney, in partnership with industry and government.
The Bankstown City Campus is located at 74 Rickard Road, Bankstown – between Bankstown’s Council administration building, library and knowledge centre
- 26,500 square metres of floor space
- University teaching, learning and student services
- Capacity for more than 10,000 students and 1,000 staff
- 5,000 square metres of A-Grade commercial space for industry partnerships
- 2,500 square metres of landscaped terrace spaces
- State of the art conference and event facilities
- Tiered multi-purpose lecture theatre
- Two basement levels incorporating end of trip facilities
- Badanami Centre for Indigenous Education
- Designed to meet a 5-Star Greenstar Rating
- 4.5 NABERS (equivalent) Rating